In October 1928, three centuries after its foundation, the Edmonton Latymer School was honoured by the Duke and Duchess of York who opened the new extensions.
Three days later the Edmonton Latymer Lodge was consecrated in the Grand Temple in Great Queen Street.
The idea had emerged from Members of the Latymer Old Boys Football Club and Latymerian Members of the Waltham Abbey and Civitas Lodges.
Their petition to the Grand Master was supported by the Edward Latymer Lodge No. 3994, a Lodge of Old Boys and Masters of the Latymer School, Hammersmith.
A retired Headmaster of the School occupied the Chair in its fiftieth year.
The Crest is an adaptation of the Arms of the Latymer Family and the ‘Motto’ is usually attributed to the Headmaster of the School in 1910 with the assurance, that it meant, “Who endures to the end conquers”, or, if you like, “Keep at it”
The Lodge transferred to the Province of Hertfordshire on 1st May 1980.
Previous Meeting Venues
|Villa Villa Restaurant, Gerrard Street, Soho, London, England||1928|
|Northumberland Rooms, Northumberland Avenue, London, England||1930|
|Meeting place unknown,||1938|
|Northumberland Rooms, Northumberland Avenue, London, England||1939|
|Freemasons’ Hall, 60 Great Queen Street, London, England||1947|
|Holborn Restaurant, High Holborn, London, England||1950|
|Lucullus Restaurant, Plantation House, Mincing Lane, London, England||1956|
|Oxford Corner House, 14 Oxford Street, London, England||1960|
|Tolaini’s Restaurant, 17 Wardour Street, London, England||1968|
|Great Eastern Hotel, Liverpool Street, London, England||1969|
|Masonic Hall, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, England||1980|